Friday, October 1, 2010

35 Weeks!

so oh my god, we're at 35 weeks! this means i'm only 5 weeks from my due date and only TWO weeks from full term!! That is SO INSANE to me!

and since it's now officially October, we might be in the month that the baby will be born! how nuts is that??

let's get started:



This week the baby is the size of....

Picture 1
...a honeydew.

Now this is annoying because we were already a honeydew on thebump.com buuuut oh well. I guess this site means a bigger honeydew? And it refers to weight, not length.

Anyway, that means that he is about 18 inches long and weighs about 5 and a half pounds!!! WHOA!

Picture 2

there's not much to report about his development except that now is when he gets fatter and cuter basically. His major focus is on gaining weight and growing.

he's developing his own immune system so he can be independent of mine and he's also growing his little fingernails in there.

apparently the odds of him scratching himself with those new fingernails isn't too high because he doesn't have the room to scratch himself, he is totally squished. see:

Picture 3

yea, for real. And he FEELS squished too. Seriously. I can't breathe or eat lol

He should be flipping over/already be flipped over where he will stay head down until he's born. Let's hope that he's done that already lol. He should also continue to kick me but the wild and crazy movements are basically supposed to lessen now because he has no real space in there to move. Poor little guy.

As for me:

- i am going to start seeing my doctor every week now until I deliver (appointments are on Mondays)

- my uterus went from being the size of a small ball to now being the size of a watermelon. lord.

- 1/6 of my blood is in my stomach

- i am exhausted lol

- i get tested for group b strep on monday. if it's positive i have to have antibiotics during labor. I'm super allergic though to penicillin which is typically used to treat it so let's just pray i test negative and don't have to deal with this.

anyway, here are my photos:

Photo 632
this is how i feel today lol

Photo 636
35 weeeeeks!

and i made this to showcase the difference throughout all of the weeks ending in 5 during the pregnancy. I can't believe how much i've changed! i miss my 5 week stomach (hell, i even miss my 15 week stomach lol) Also, apparently i like to wear purple on weeks that end in "5"...weird?

time progression

so yea, that's totally dramatic, right? let's just pray that someday i can get back to that lol

there we have it! 35 weeks :)

1 comment:

Ashley's Conscious Life said...

Hey Rhian!
Happy week 35! That's so exciting that the big day is only a few weeks away! Hope you don't have to be on antibiotics, I'm allergic to penicillin too- no fun! Love the honeydew size, my little one is just a lemon for week 14 here, so I clearly have a ways to go! Cool idea to put all those weeks together, it's very fun to see all the changes that have taken place over the last 30-some weeks! That's funny that you wish you could be back to week 5 or 15, I am jelous of your week 35! Sometimes I feel like I just want to fast forward to where you are and meet this baby already, but I guess that's one of the big life lessons you learn from being pregnant--having patience! Hope you and your little guy keep on growing and feeling good!

ShareThis