Monday, December 6, 2010

Back on Track

today i rejoined Weight Watchers.

I had been a member of WW back in 2005ish and had had a lot of success with it. At the time I only wanted to lose 10 pounds and was thrilled when i lost 12 with very little effort, just counting points.

Now this is serious. I'm only 4 weeks postpartum but i still feel the need to get my weight situation under control. So far I've lost 26 pounds but since I gained 40 total in pregnancy I still have a way to go. It's okay and I'm trying not to be too on my own case about it but I had to feel like I was doing something proactive about the whole situation at least. So that's why i joined back up.

They've changed their whole plan around so I feel like I'm learning everything again and i guess in a way that's a good thing (but in another way i can't just jot things down from memory in a hurry which sorta sucks bc i've basically only got one arm available most of the time since i'm holding a baby in the other arm the rest of the time).

I've heard that while breastfeeding you should aim to lose a pound per week. That means it would at best take me 14 weeks to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. 14 weeks is a long time! That's March 14th. Oh well, though. What am i gonna do? Like i said, at least i'm doing something here.

i am hoping to use this whole Weight Watchers thing as a way to jump-start me back into cooking as well. I have been doing a really dismal job of making dinner since even before the baby was born and I am looking forward to getting back into the kitchen again.

This post is completely all over the place but I just thought i'd document the weight loss component since that is so very much a part of this whole pregnancy/post-pregnancy/mommy journey that i'm finding myself on. Good luck to me lol

okay off i go

3 comments:

Melissa Nelson said...

I can totally relate. I feel like I've slacked off a lot when it comes to cooking, too, lately. Normally I LOVE to cook healthy, homemade meals, but pregnancy is totally kicking my ass and I just feel SO tired and my feet/legs hurt. One of my goals is to lose weight after the baby is born. Last year I lost 21 pounds from eating healthy and exercising and was so proud of myself, but I've gained over 20 pounds so far during this pregnancy, so I'm going to have to work my ass off to lose it.

I've heard breastfeeding burns calories, too, so I'm sure if you combine that with eating healthy and exercise, you'll be able to lose weight even more quickly. :)

Melissa said...

good luck to you on your weight loss journey! :)

Liz said...

I totally just got back on the WW train as well - old school though :)

ShareThis