Friday, April 9, 2010

10 Weeks!

Every week I do updates about what the baby is doing that week and how much the baby is changing. I started doing them over on my private blog and I will do them here as well from now on.

Since this week is ten weeks, I give you my Ten Week Update!
This week I am officially 1/4 of the way through my pregnancy! So crazy, right?

There aren't lots of pictures this week but there ARE lots of cool things happening with the baby :)

oh but first is first, this week the baby is the size of:

Picture 1
a prune. lol.

while not super glamorous, that means that the baby is 1.25 to 1.68 inches long and weighs 5 grams now!

The baby is beginning to develop bones and cartilage and it can bend it's arms already (the leg bending will come soon). Over the next three weeks the baby's length will DOUBLE. That's amazing!

Picture 3

The baby's fingers and toes have completely separated now and the baby is growing tiny little finger nails and is starting to grow hair on his or her head! Oh and big news, the baby's tail is COMPLETELY gone now! It's a real baby! lol

As for other fun stuff, the baby now has taste and tooth buds and those will also continue to develop. The baby's brain is producing almost 250,000 new neurons in it's brain every minute. That is AMAZING!

The baby's embryonic heart is completely developed. I'm not really sure what that means buuuut there we go lol.

Sexual organs won't be visible until next week but if the baby is a boy it is already producing testosterone.

Picture 2

the skeleton is beginning to harden and the baby's eyelids are fully formed and no longer translucent. Like I mentioned last week, the eyes will remain shut until the third trimester however.

The baby can swallow fluid now and is kicking up a storm in there. I don't know if it's possible yet but i SWEAR i have felt something moving already!

The yolk sac is disappearing and being replaced fully by the placenta. The kidneys, intestines, brain and liver are all in place and are beginning to function although they will continue developing throughout the rest of pregnancy.

here's an ultrasound pic of a baby at 10 weeks:
Picture 4
pretty cool!

As for me, every site is telling me that I can expect the hormonal mood swings to kick it up a notch now. That's awesome. lol. Also, I should start to really gain weight now (i haven't gained any yet) (maybe the mood swings and the weight gain have something to do with each other?? lol). Also, I should get ready to start showing soon apparently although i don't know, i don't really feel like I'm showing much at all yet.

No comments:

ShareThis