Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Links that Inspire me this Week:

so this week i've seen some awesome links and I want to share them:

1. This is a DIY link that only the mommies who are breastfeeding will probably be interested in. ORRR maybe the friends of the mommies who are breastfeeding or who are planning to breastfeed:

http://thecoloradoreedclan.blogspot.com/2008/03/hooter-hider-tutorial-for-dummies-like.html

I like to leave the links all long and ugly-like for those of you who may be link-phobic. Feel free to hover over, they go where they say they are!

anyway, this is a link to a blog post on how to make hooter hiders!

What the EFF is a Hooter Hider do i hear you asking yourself? They're basically like smocks that some mommies choose to drape over themselves and their babies for breastfeeding in public...or, you know, around family and friends who they don't want to flash.

Personally, I am a huge breastfeeding advocate and don't think that there's anything wrong with breastfeeding but i AM aware that the large majority of the public is either a.) uncomfortable or b.) skeevy old creepers. I would like to avoid interacting with "b" as much as possible and i don't really feel like being put out by "a" so i might just go ahead and make myself one of these babies. Plus, i think this will inspire me to finally learn how to use my damn sewing machine already! For real! (i get stuck at threading the bobbin and i just give up every time. lame, i know).

2. this is a link for a woman who has Super-Hero-Sized organizational skills. This post outlines how she planned her meals a month in advance!

I share it here because I was so totally inspired by this that i have left the tab open for three days now and have begun planning my own meals in advance too. I used to plan them a week in advance but fell out of the habit with moving and everything else recently so it's really nice to be back on the wagon again. Check it out:

http://flitgurl.blogspot.com/2010/05/meals-for-month-may.html

so awesome and amazing.

3. Last but not least, here's a link for a recipe for Green Smoothies!

Have you heard of these? it's like this trend now to make these drinks and the greener they are, the better they are for you!  Basically you blend up a ton of veggies and then you add fruit so it tastes delicious and you get a ridiculous amount of vitamins and nutrients and it's awesome. I am SO making one of these tomorrow! i'll let you know how it goes!

check out the recipe here, i already bought ingredients to follow this one:

http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2009/02/the-wonders-of-green-smoothies.html

mmmm green smoothies!

okay so yay! there we have it! Inspirational Blog Links of the week!

Anyone have any links to share with me? I always love links!

4 comments:

Emma said...

hahaha I have a hooter hider (actually I think I gave it away) and never used it. Way too much work!! It's enough work as it is to try and situate a squirmy baby without trying to situate a smock too. After a few trips nursing him in the car I was like WHATEV if you don't like it don't look. Which is funny to me becuase I'm not at ALL like that and I always though I'd be super self concious nursing around anyone but family. I just wore a nursing tank top under my regular shirt and it made it super comfortable and easy.

PS you get WAY more sewing points than me for even knowing the word "bobbin" lol. I'm always jealous of people that sew, but alas, I don't even know what a bobbin is.

OMG at month in advance meal planning!! I struggle to figure out a few days in advance.

Emma said...

aaaaaaaand just to clairify the whole "nursing in the car" bit referring to the car in a parking lot, NOT while driving down the highway lol.

Wilmary S. said...

Great post, thanks for sharing!! ;)

Shauna said...

I like this blog: http://craftychicmommy.blogspot.com/

She has a tutorial for DIY silhouette pictures, which I'm planning on using for the nursery. I want to do silhouettes of my dogs (since the nursery theme is "greyhound"). She also made her own wooden play kitchen for her daughter. It's SO cute!

I like the idea of the hooter hider, but honestly, I think it would probably be a hassle to get it out and do it up while you have a crying, hungry baby. I am a really modest person, but I think when it comes to breastfeeding, you just do what you have to do!

ShareThis